I get my thrills by: Eating chocolate, hopping fences, drawing pictures, baking cakes, surprising people, jumping, hollering, whooping, screaming, shouting, running, jumping, exploring, writing, taking pictures, swinging on playgrounds, swimming in lakes, camping in the woods, sitting at bonfires, and laughing. Come in, stay a while. Read my adventures and tell me yours.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lavender Blossom

Hey everybody. So I know my blog is suffering from major abandonment issues at this point. It seems like I don't think about blogging as much as I used to. Now I am really busy. 
Doing things like this, for instance:
Today I'm going to show you how to make a lavender sachet like this:

 First, get some dried lavender. I just recently harvested ours, so it was perfect time to do this. 
Trim off all the dry lavender blooms into a little container.
Now cut your fabric squares. Mine ended up being about 3 by 5 inches, but it really depends on how much lavender you have and how big you want to make it.
You can decorate the front with embroidery if you choose. 
Then stick the right sides together, pin, and then sew up three sides of the sachet, leaving the fourth open.   
Now you can fill the sachet with the dry lavender blooms by stuffing them through the fourth side.
To finish off your sachet, bunch up the lavender inside the sachet and sew the fourth side, taking care not to sew across any lavender. 
 Yay! You're done!
 I made two sachets, one for my grandma and one for my aunt. They're Christmas presents!
I have to plan ahead this year. 
I suggest storing your sachets in plastic bags so they don't disperse their good smells ahead of time.
Even with the bags, my gift drawer still reeks of lavender. 
I can assure you, these are highly effective. 
Love, 
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated! You guys keep me going!