I get my thrills by: Eating chocolate, hopping fences, drawing pictures, baking cakes, surprising people, jumping, hollering, whooping, screaming, shouting, running, jumping, exploring, writing, taking pictures, swinging on playgrounds, swimming in lakes, camping in the woods, sitting at bonfires, and laughing. Come in, stay a while. Read my adventures and tell me yours.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I recently re-hung the artwork on my walls and it looks so great, especially compared to what it used to look like.
Here's how I did it:

1. Start with your base, large pictures
Here, mine are a painting my awesome 6th grade art teacher did and a painting of my dad by Liv when she was four.
2. Add medium size articles in gaps.
Here is a blow-pen painting I did when I was four (common theme here) and a German coloring book page I made in Chemistry last year. 

3. Add some smaller items and other medium items
Like smaller drawings and photographs!
4. Move things around if they don't work and then build out!
Add items of varying types and sizes: collages, photos, drawings, posters, etc.

 Here's another example:






 Have lots of resources (and some moral support from your dog!).



 And build in the corners too!





 The finished product:



My eventual goal is to fill all the gaps in every wall, but it'll take some time (and lots of artwork!).
Also I have two more walls to fill. Yay! I'm so excited. I'm adding to this all the time, but I'll update when significant progress has been made. 
Love, 
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated! You guys keep me going!