I get my thrills by: Eating chocolate, hopping fences, drawing pictures, baking cakes, surprising people, jumping, hollering, whooping, screaming, shouting, running, jumping, exploring, writing, taking pictures, swinging on playgrounds, swimming in lakes, camping in the woods, sitting at bonfires, and laughing. Come in, stay a while. Read my adventures and tell me yours.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Blank Canvass

via flickr

Hey Everyone! Today I would like to talk about New Years Resolutions. Yes, I know I'm a bit behind. But, I love making New Years Resolutions. It takes me a while to scope out every possibility hidden in all the nooks and crannies of each year. 
This year, I've divided my resolutions into seven categories:
Fitness/Health, Blog, Shop, Creativity, Money, Self, and Fun Stuff.
This way it's easier to make sure I don't skip anything. I have so much I want to do this year.
But, what about you, what do you want to do this year? Some things I'd recommend are:
  • Doing alternative exercise: Whether it's yoga or kickboxing or dancing around your living room like an idiot to 80's music (my choice), I highly recommend putting exercise on your list. This year I want to learn archery, which should at least build some strength.
  • Making something: It is extremely satisfying to own something you made, compared to something made in a factory in China. The feeling of accomplishment when you finish a project is awesome, plus you feel cool every time you use the thing you made. Even if it's a bracelet or a hair-tie, the satisfaction of saying "I made that!" is what makes it worthwhile.
  • Start a club: So maybe this one's a bit random. But hey, why pass up an excuse to hang out with people who like what you like and have a good time about it? I can't think of a reason why not. You can do it at your school or invite your friends to do this with you or whatever. It could be anything from a book club to a surfing club to a panini sandwich club (there's one at my school). Clubs are fun, and if you cancentrate your efforts, you can work together to do really cool stuff.
Okay, I guess that's enough life-coaching for now. If you liked this and want more or are bored with your life and need a little inspiration I suggest these:

Think of the New Year as a blank canvass. What are you going to put on it? 
Tell me about it, I would love to hear your plans!
Love and more love,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated! You guys keep me going!