I get my thrills by: Eating chocolate, hopping fences, drawing pictures, baking cakes, surprising people, jumping, hollering, whooping, screaming, shouting, running, jumping, exploring, writing, taking pictures, swinging on playgrounds, swimming in lakes, camping in the woods, sitting at bonfires, and laughing. Come in, stay a while. Read my adventures and tell me yours.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Parachute


via Tumblr
( I picked this photo because everyone in it looks so happy)

The beautiful Norah of Frog Legged wrote her own piece for Written Wednesday!
It is very wonderful and I suggest going and reading it and maybe also telling her how great it is. 

Hey everyone. Yesterday I finished my exams! Then I went to my friend's house and we all watched the Twilight Saga and made fun of the terrible acting (quite a few of us are actresses, we know how it's done). Then we stayed up until 3:30 having one of those late night heart-to-hearts. 
One of the things that came up was loving yourself. It was a really interesting conversation. I think loving yourself is really important, and that you have to be able to love yourself before you can love or enjoy anything or anyone else fully. 
This is why I've decided to embark on a challenge this year, and love myself! 

I was inspired by this big series on Radical Self Love that Gala Darling did. 
"We think that loving ourselves will just come later, naturally — & it may. But what if it doesn’t come along until you’re 50? Or 80? What if it never does? We think, “I’ll love myself when I have a baby”, or, “I’ll love myself when I get a better job”. But what about the meantime? Should you just suffer in silence until that mythical moment? What if having a baby or getting a promotion doesn’t make you love yourself?"

Now I realize I'm about 11 months too late, but I still think this is a good challenge. I'm sick of my inhibitions and I want to leave them behind forever and ever! I may do updates on this later on, because i definitely want to revisit this and track my progress. 
I have a feeling this will really be good for me. 
Feel free to join me on the quest for a more love-filled world!
Love and bear-hugs,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated! You guys keep me going!