I get my thrills by: Eating chocolate, hopping fences, drawing pictures, baking cakes, surprising people, jumping, hollering, whooping, screaming, shouting, running, jumping, exploring, writing, taking pictures, swinging on playgrounds, swimming in lakes, camping in the woods, sitting at bonfires, and laughing. Come in, stay a while. Read my adventures and tell me yours.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Written Wednesday

Hello and welcome to another Written Wednesday! Today's is weather related, or at least mine is. 

It was a long and difficult journey. The rain poured in sheets. Lightning striped the black sky with white. The winding dirt path had long since dissolved into a river of mud, so that each footstep sank in ankle-deep. The dead grasses of the surrounding bowed under the deluge. Far off in the distance, tree trunks threatened to snap under the roar of the wind. The oozing mud on the ground caked heavily on my boots. Each step was a defiant struggle. In the distance, there was a bright flicker of light pouring through the dingy curtains and aged windows. The shutters banged on the on the clapboard exterior, which was a peeling shade of yellow. the chimney puffed grey smoke, offering hopeful evidence of the fire glowing in its hearth. About a quarter mile up the path, the house stood defiantly against the wind, beckoning. Quickening my pace, I shuffled up to the blue, rusty back door and shook off my mud clotted boots. Throwing open the door, I rushed inside. Warmth crept from the crackling fire, seeping over every surface. Outside, the world kneeled before a storm I could not feel. I sank down into the plump cushions of my couch and dozed off. I was home. At last.

If you want to participate, you can post on your own blog the same photo and bold sentence, and then you can write your own story for the photo. Just be sure to link back to my blog in the post. Once you've posted your own Written Wednesday feature, comment here to let me know, and I will link to your Written Wednesday in here. Just make sure you followed the rules ;)
Also, you can participate in Written Wednesday anytime from today until next Wednesday!
Just let me know!
Love and ink blots,
M

1 comment:

  1. this sounds so great that I would love to participate. but I don't think I could best your amazing story. I love it.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated! You guys keep me going!