I get my thrills by: Eating chocolate, hopping fences, drawing pictures, baking cakes, surprising people, jumping, hollering, whooping, screaming, shouting, running, jumping, exploring, writing, taking pictures, swinging on playgrounds, swimming in lakes, camping in the woods, sitting at bonfires, and laughing. Come in, stay a while. Read my adventures and tell me yours.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

DIY Day

Hi! So today I yanked out my sewing machine and made some clothes for Liv. For using old pairs of pants and no patterns, the results were pretty good, and to top it off, we had a photo shoot! The pictures sort of remind me of the photos that American Apparel and Marc Jacobs use, and Liv did a pretty good job modeling, dontcha think?
This is one of my favorite shots  out of all of the ones I've ever taken. This dress was made out of a pair of red stretchy pants and some scrap fabric.


Is this dress awesome or what? I made it out of two pairs of old pants and some more scrap fabric. I love the bow, and how the dress is two different colors depending on which side you look at.


I also made this little shrug for her. The orange trim stuff was actually the fabric that came wrapped around a bouquet I got from Trader Joe's.
This shot is another favorite of mine, because it has a lot of depth and my cutie puppy is in it!
Also guys, I'm getting a haircut Tuesday. Yay! I'm getting bangs, and I'm thinking something similar to Reese's might be nice. Whaddya think?
Well, night kids!
M

4 comments:

  1. wow, you seriously made them? future fashion house in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. true as blue I did! thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, they are really amazing!
    i have a great feeling about you and fashion design in the future. you have some serious skills, girl. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated! You guys keep me going!