via tumblr
It was one of the last days before it would get cold. We all knew it couldn't last like this forever. And it didn't. On Monday, it rained. We traded in our tank tops for sweatshirts, put on our backpacks and went to school. It was 8:00 A.M. and I was sitting in class wondering if I was the only one appreciating the drizzle. There's just something more picturesque about everything in life when it's raining. The rest of them, they can remember wild nights in the moonlight out past curfew on summer nights. Drinking up and jumping off play structures in the park at midnight, that was what they did. But I didn't have the same summer kicks as everyone else. So I wasn't sad when summer was gone.
If you want to participate, you can post on your own blog the same photo and bold sentence, and then you can write your own story for the photo. Just be sure to link back to my blog in the post. Once you've posted your own Written Wednesday feature, comment here to let me know, and I will link to your Written Wednesday in here. Just make sure you followed the rules ;)
Also, you can participate in Written Wednesday anytime from today until next Wednesday!
Just let me know!


This is a lovely piece of writing and nicely matched to the photograph.
ReplyDelete