I get my thrills by: Eating chocolate, hopping fences, drawing pictures, baking cakes, surprising people, jumping, hollering, whooping, screaming, shouting, running, jumping, exploring, writing, taking pictures, swinging on playgrounds, swimming in lakes, camping in the woods, sitting at bonfires, and laughing. Come in, stay a while. Read my adventures and tell me yours.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Get Back

    Yesterday I saw Super 8 with friends from Movie Making Club. It was really good, and aside from being a good suspense flick, it was also shot really well and was a very interesting film visually. It was set in the 70's and totally had this Illinois-small-town thing going for it. The special effects were amazing, and the costumes and makeup were interesting to look at. I really enjoyed the retro vibes in this film, and Elle Fanning actually was all she is cracked up to be. I highly recommend seeing this movie!
     Super 8 got me thinking about Movie Making Club's next project. I'd like to do something smart, with indie flavors and a second-half-of-the-20th-century time frame to it. I'd also like to try harder with the scenery, since in our previous project we just mostly had hallways, classrooms, and forests, none of which we could feasibly manipulate to look more interesting. I'd really like to have fun with costumes too, add more interest by going back a few decades. I'm guessing the movie will probably focus on teen angst, not simply because we're a group of narcissistic teenagers, but because teen angst is an interesting topic. Why else would there be so many movies, books, songs, photographs, and art pieces that focus on it? (plus, all our actors are teenagers, so it would be hard to do much else.)I'm gathering inspiration and putting together ideas right now, and here are some stills from films I'm drawing from:

 Juno
Super 8

By the way, we did wrap filming on our previous project, and we are now in the editing process. 
I'll post the YouTube link when it's done!
Love,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated! You guys keep me going!