Who do you love? I tore my eyes away from the window. I'd been watching for him again. "What?"I asked. "Who do you love?" Leah repeated. What a stupid question, we're only seventeen. "No one."I said slowly, trying hard to stifle my anger. I've always been a good liar. "Well, I love somebody." she said importantly. I knew for a fact that she hadn't even kissed a boy yet, but I encouraged her anyway. "Really?"I asked, pretending to be interested. "Oh yes, he's so..."Now maybe she would leave me alone. While Leah babbled, my eyes wandered from her face back towards the window. Leah was easy to see through, her fake smiles like glass, barely masking true intentions. Her words rushed by, empty vessels of shallow emotion. How could she possibly know what love was? Not that I did, but I probably had a better idea. He came walking down through the field now. The wind had flushed his cheeks and his hair danced crazily around his brow. I watched his even, steady footsteps and wished to be there beside him. Then I asked myself what was wrong with me.
If you want to participate, you can post on your own blog the same photo and bold sentence, and then you can write your own story for the photo. Just be sure to link back to my blog in the post. Once you've posted your own Written Wednesday feature, comment here to let me know, and I will link to your Written Wednesday in here. Just make sure you followed the rules ;)
Also, you can participate in Written Wednesday anytime from today until next Wednesday!
Just let me know!
Love and ink blots,
M


you write so elegantly, it is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.
ReplyDeleteThat's all I can ever say.
Oh, my darling, I love you.
Yours,
Norah xx