I get my thrills by: Eating chocolate, hopping fences, drawing pictures, baking cakes, surprising people, jumping, hollering, whooping, screaming, shouting, running, jumping, exploring, writing, taking pictures, swinging on playgrounds, swimming in lakes, camping in the woods, sitting at bonfires, and laughing. Come in, stay a while. Read my adventures and tell me yours.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

You and Me Will Always Be



Hey guys! Today I am addressing a crisis: Mid-Winter Slump. For some it only happens once, while others are chronic victims. You know, when you just don't feel like doing much except putting on a sweater and watching TV. I occasionally feel this way, who doesn't? But when it begins to get in the way of creativity, that's when it's a problem. 
Luckily I've got ideas to beat it:
1. Think of ten different names for yourself than the one you have, then go around believing one is your name for a day.
2. Go to a nature area.
3. Cut some wildflowers and bring them home.
4. Search the beach for sea glass.
5. Make yourself a notebook. Bring it everywhere.
6. Move all the furniture in a room to a different position.
7. Wonder about what would happen to the world if money didn’t exist.
8. Buy a new fruit from the grocery and eat it.
9. Do something that might scare your friends.
10. Hang out with someone that you have judged as bad company. They might surprise you.
11. Listen to music from your parent’s time.
12. Visit a new city
13. Cut out cool pictures from magazines. Tape them to a wall or make a collage.
14. Plan a surprise party for someone.
15. Write down the first ten words that come to mind. Make a story out of them.
16. Watch Where the Wild Things Are.
17. Buy a magazine you’ve never read.
18. Write with neon highliters for a day.
19. Describe a color without using its name.
20. Listen to 
MGMT’s Electric Feel
21. Read Anne of Green Gables.
22. Do a silly suggestive dance to a random song.
23. Think of three other uses for glass jars, and apply them.
24. Design an outfit you would wear if you lived in a different decade.
25. Live like it’s summertime. Always.
26. Watch any old Disney movie you can get your hands on.
27. Have a day where yo eat only the food you produce as much as you can. Bake your own bread, gather wild strawberries and miner’s lettuce, make your own jam and lemonade. Do whatever you can.
28. Climb a tree, stay there for an hour, and think.
29. Turn off your cell-phone and computer for as long as you can stand.
30. Take pictures of people you see, and write stories about them. Alternatively, make a collage. Or just people watch.

photo by me!
So what do you think of that list? I'm anxious to complete it! How about you?
Got any good ideas?
I'd love to hear suggestions.
Love and raindrops,
M

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear me, you are a wildflower, darling.

    While I never tire of the beauty of winter (my hands down solace in this world. I find nothing more peaceful than the cold, to be quite honest!) I do get bored occasionally. This list, regardless of my occupations on any day will surely brighten any moment. Any moment. It's such a beautiful and creative thing, and I'm very happy you've shared it with me. I'll surely look into doing all of these things, mainly the few I don't do on a daily basis.

    I love you like the moon and stars, my gem.
    -Your Norah xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated! You guys keep me going!