I get my thrills by: Eating chocolate, hopping fences, drawing pictures, baking cakes, surprising people, jumping, hollering, whooping, screaming, shouting, running, jumping, exploring, writing, taking pictures, swinging on playgrounds, swimming in lakes, camping in the woods, sitting at bonfires, and laughing. Come in, stay a while. Read my adventures and tell me yours.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Wisps

I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving! I sure did. And now, everything is awesome because.....
It's the Christmas Season!
I already have gifts for several people, I wrapped one of my Dad's presents today. what do you guys think of the package. I like it a lot. I made from a paper grocery bag, pages out of an old book, and bright red yarn. I was super inspired by this flickr group, which is quite pretty.


I love the Christmas season! Best of all, I love guessing what people will love and getting it for them. For me there is great satisfaction in the perfect gift, beautifully wrapped and placed under the tree in anticipation. 
My enjoyment of giving gifts prompted me too make my latest project, a Christmas decor pillow!
I made it from felt and an upcycled pair of flannel pj's. Also there is upcycled denim on the inside of the pillow to reinforce it for durability.



My desk is so messy from all the making. It's quite ridiculous.

 Also I had time take some just for fun pictures today. I photographed an old wooden box with a print of a picture of jellyfish, and with a vintage slip I got at the flea market. The lace looks really beautiful with the wood in my opinion.











I hope you are all having a wonderful time indulging in the days before holiday rush. ( some hate it, but personally, I love it!)
Love, lace,  and jellyfish, 
M

2 comments:

  1. just realized i don't think i've commented on your blog in forever. also just realized my blog is in your sidebar :D
    your wrapping skills are amazingggg. you should post more pictures of the rest of your wrapped presents. if they're all done so creatively.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated! You guys keep me going!