I get my thrills by: Eating chocolate, hopping fences, drawing pictures, baking cakes, surprising people, jumping, hollering, whooping, screaming, shouting, running, jumping, exploring, writing, taking pictures, swinging on playgrounds, swimming in lakes, camping in the woods, sitting at bonfires, and laughing. Come in, stay a while. Read my adventures and tell me yours.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Color Fix

I have been doing a lot of thinking about my Etsy shop lately. I started Delilah's Attic just about a year ago. But I rushed into it without contemplating my products or my brand. Here I am, a year and a few sales later, left with four listings and a problem to solve. What the heck am I going to sell?
So after drawing up a plan and some determination, I set out to identify the answer. I've spent lots of time looking at what I like and taking notes, and here's what I came up with:
psychedelia, bright colors, desert references, vintage housewares, totebags, inventive clothing (cloaks and hoods), vintage bright florals, knitted vintage, brown with orange, glassware, turquoise, glassware, native american, flowers, wolves, rhinos, animals, positive quotes, granny squares, geometric shapes, vintage fabric prints, embroidery, retouched old photos
I want my shop to be like a cross between an MGMT song and an awesome vintage shop with a flower garden, and I'd love to incorporate these details into the products of my shop. 
Here are some Etsy items that possess some of those qualities.

Yep.
Wish me luck!
Love,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated! You guys keep me going!