Hey Everybody! I hope you all had the beautiful wonderful fantastic holiday you all deserve!
I unfortunately missed Love List Monday....foo. But, I have another surprise for you, my other weekly feature: Written Wednesday!
On Written Wednesday, I will post a picture like the one above and start my writing of with a bold sentence. After that, I aim to write a fairly sizable paragraph describing the moment and story that I believe lie beneath the photograph I have picked.
The good part is, you guys get to help out! If you want to participate, you can post on your own blog the same photo and bold sentence, and then you can write your own story for the photo. Just be sure to link back to my blog in the post. Once you've posted your own Written Wednesday feature, comment here to let me know, and I will link to your Written Wednesday in here. Just make sure you followed the rules ;)
I can't wait to see what neat writing you guys can churn out. I'm really excited about this. I really enjoy descriptive writing and this is good practice. And I'm really excited to see if people will participate, this could be a really fun thing to do together!
So, here goes the first Written Wednesday feature ever:
Rain pattered on the roof and windowpanes, dripping like squiggly tears. Which was ironic. This was a happy day. Della had just had kittens last week, and she sat in mom's old rocking chair, licking them clean now. The grandfather clock in the corner chimed noon, making some of them jump. There were six all together. Six! Six beautiful, tiny little tufts of fur, tawny grey and white and striped ones too. Today was a happy day indeed, the radiator blowing a breeze across the floor, the kittens basking and lolling in the heat. They were all beautiful. I said it already, but it's true, they were. Miniscule pink pads and noses, and watery blue eyes. They didn't get those from Della. They were still so tiny, they could fit into the palm of your hand and fall asleep. You could walk about the kitchen making tea with one hand, a kitten in the other. Not that we did. Della wouldn't let them away too long. Though the drumming on the roof and the watery light that leaked from the sun, filtered through the clouds, and dripped into the room were reminders of darker days, Ree and I rejoiced. Today was a happy day. Today, we would name the kittens. Attach their identities with a sense of finality. The kittens would be staying. Even if others didn't stay, the kittens would. On the table, rain dripped from a leak in the roof into mom's old coffee mug. It made a hollow sloshing noise each time a drop fell. She didn't have any use for it any more.
If you would like to participate in Written Wednesday, go for it! Just read above and I'll include your link below.


What a wonderful idea, beautiful.
ReplyDeletePerhaps, I'll join in next week?
Love Norah x