I get my thrills by: Eating chocolate, hopping fences, drawing pictures, baking cakes, surprising people, jumping, hollering, whooping, screaming, shouting, running, jumping, exploring, writing, taking pictures, swinging on playgrounds, swimming in lakes, camping in the woods, sitting at bonfires, and laughing. Come in, stay a while. Read my adventures and tell me yours.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Back From the Dead!

me- vintage frye boots, tee, skirt, forever 21 Lisa- skirt, tank, vest, forever 21
me- dress, forever 21, boots, vintage, frye Lisa- jeans, top, forever 21, shoes, vintage

Hey everybody, so i'm back, no I'm not dead, my computer was broken for a while. Above is a little shoot I did with Lisa after we went shopping at Forever 21, and , as promised, here's the (way late) review of the september issue of InStyle (just the stuff I liked here)!
1. Clothes We Love: Basically this big catalog of all beautiful trends for fall, this one was way inspiring, especially their feature on country inspired clothes. The "country" look is way easy to evoke when you live in a forest like me! It even featured a picture of the Marc Jacob's colection I was obsessing over a while back. After a few more pages there's a piece about trench coats and full length coats. Specifically, it talks about bright coats (I won't lie, a few looked like bath robes) but there's a classic camel section too. Again, they hit the nail right on the head. To me,
trench coats are so choice at the moment. Next up is a page on cardigans. I can't get enough of those right now. I have this huge one from the 80's that I wear all the time. When I wear shorts under, it looks like a dress!

2.Boot Blowout: This is a compilation of all the cute boot styles for fall, which has completely inspired me, but now I really want a pair!
3. Star Track: A spread that's supposed to be about a bunch of upcoming actresses, but I liked what they did in the photos. Unfortunately I was unable to find pix, and do not possess a scanner, but if i find some, they will certainly be posted here.
Overall this was a pretty good issue, even if InStyle isn't believed to be the cream of the crop.
Please answer the reader question below, and I'll do a little feature when more have responded. Norah Slavadore ( heehee), thanks for responding, it's lovely to hear from you!
Love ya!
M

1 comment:

  1. heehee, i feel special!
    im just glad your not dead! :)
    it's my pleasure to comment on such a fabulously adorable blog. i just grin when i look at it :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated! You guys keep me going!